Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to Help a Soldier Overseas - Send Licorice

You can touch a soldier overseas by sending a package of licorice.  That's right!  Sometimes something as simple as a sweet treat can bring encouragement.

Click here for more info on Licorice International'sTreats for the Troops Program.

A chaplain sent this picture and the following thank you note:


We received your licorice the other day and it is fantastic. We plan to share it with our Soldiers as they come and go carrying out missions.

It's such nice generosity from wonderful people like you that at times just overwhelms us. I know the Soldiers and Marines that come to see us love it. I bet I have 30 people visit my chapel a day just for candy.

I probably have 50 plus come for coffee. God sure is good. He brings them by or me to them and I get a have a chance to bring a personal touch of Christ into their lives. We have chapel services every Sunday, prayer devotionals on Wednesdays, Karaoke Nights on Fridays (we have service members from each branch of service here sometimes even Danish and British Soldiers). Then we have a Chaplain movie night with soda and popcorn.

I guestimate that we serve or personally touch between 200-350 a week.

We look forward to continue to minister to our excellent service members who serve our great country and protect the freedoms we enjoy.

God bless you Kim Kolb and others who have given so much to us already.
I am very grateful!

Have a great weekend and God bless you!

No comments: