Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Licorice Tasting Party

My friends say I’m always doing something interesting. They never know quite what to expect. So they probably weren’t surprised when they got an invitation to a licorice tasting party. On a beautiful November afternoon we gathered in my living room to taste various kinds of licorice from Licorice International.
Guests’ opinions on licorice ranged from “I absolutely love it,” to “I like some kinds of licorice” to “I can’t stand the stuff.” Each gave her own perspective to the discussion. The friend in the “I can’t stand the stuff” category found some kinds of licorice she actually liked, and those in the “I absolutely love it” category gave their emphatic opinions as well.

After the tasting, some stayed to put together a licorice puzzle. I gave the rest of the samples to some friends who stopped by the next day. You’ll be hearing from my guests over the next few weeks, as I share their opinions on licorice.







Click here to return to the main blog page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear what your friends said. Keep me posted.